Monday, August 30, 2010

New Yarn, that is also good for the world


So I am trying to become a bit more eco conscious and also I love any thing that can help people. I also need cool stuff to knit with. Well how can I combine this? RECYCLED SILK YARN FROM THE HUNGER SITE! This yarn is fair traded and helps women in India and Tibet. Its using scraps that would normally be thrown away, so now there is less i the landfill and less new yarn being made. The profits go towards buying food for the hungry. And this yarn is really cool looking. I have also got a few more things from the Hunger Site recently, like jewelry and bags. Also, on the homepage to their website, if you click on a link, the money made from advertising goes towards food for the hungry. So just click the link, and people get food, it only takes a few seconds!

Now the only question is....what to knit?

No comments:

Post a Comment