Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sari Silk



Anyone read the post where I first said I bought Sari Silk from the hunger site?  Well I know have made something with it.  A GARTER STITCH SCARF!!!  Uncreative I know, but whatever.  

I actually knit this long ways so that any stripes in the scarf would be longer, rather than colors pooling in chunks.  To do this I cast on as many stitches as I could (this thing is long) and then knit..and knit...and knit.  

Also a few things on the yarn.  First of all, it smells a bit funky, but I got over it.  Also, it will likely shed on you a bit.  A lot of people said that this yarn is near impossible to work with, but i thought it was fine, not the most versatile thing, but it was workable.  One more important thing to know is that there was grass and bits of plastic in it.....I just picked it out and it was okay...but still weird.


No comments:

Post a Comment